A plus size teen can look GOOD. It means knowing what your body type is and shopping for clothes that are right for you. Here are some general tips that will work no matter what your body type.
1) Say bye, bye to baggy clothes. While a lot of plus size girls wear baggy clothes as a way to cover up the excess pounds, all that is really accomplished is making you look larger than you really are. No matter what size you are, you have something positive to display. Don’t hide it under baggy clothes. Instead, buy clothes in your proper size or, at most, one size larger.
2) Take a good look at yourself and determine what your best features are. If you are too judgmental, ask a good friend to help you out. Think about your positives and accentuate them. Do you have thin legs? Then don’t hesitate to wear a short skirt. Have a large, beautiful bust line? Wear that V or scooped neck T.
3) Bring attention to the best parts of your body by using vibrant colors and bold patterns. If brilliant colors aren’t for you, go with more muted tones such as burgundy, teal and plum. Stand out. There is no longer any need to blend into the background.
4) Accessorize. Accessorize. Accessorize. Don’t give up on yourself and do nothing. You can be bold. You can be stylish. Check out the latest hairstyles with your hairdresser. Get a free makeover at the makeup counter and choose a few items to use everyday. Pay attention to your shoes. Wearing pants? If you are top heavy, you can wear heavy clog-type shoes to balance out your appearance. Wearing a skirt with your slender legs? Draw attention to them with sexy sandals.
5) Shop where you are comfortable. Women who shop where they are not comfortable usually shop in a hurry. They tend to grab clothes off the rack, throw them on in the dressing room, and head home with what is ‘OK’. That is not longer for you. When you are comfortable shopping you take your time looking through the racks, checking out what styles and colors are right for you. You take time in the dressing room, looking this way and that. And you go home with clothes that will make you a standout.